Submit Your Art
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR ARTISTS
These guidelines are intended to ensure that artists understand what collateral material River’s Edge Gallery is looking for when submitting a request regarding possible representation.
1. River’s Edge Gallery does not have “shows/exhibitions” for contemporary artists that we do not represent.
2. River’s Edge Gallery exhibits Fine Art and Contemporary Craft. This primarily include painting, fine art photography, mixed media, sculptural and functional works in glass,
ceramics, textile, wood and metal, and a select collection of jewelry.
3. The Gallery represents artists at all levels of their development, including emerging, mid-career and senior artists.
POSTAL MAIL Submissions:
Please submit up to 6 photos (sizes 3×5 to 8×10) or a CD with .jpeg images that are between 1.5MB and 5MB each. Please only send images that are in focus, with good resolution. If the background/frame can be cropped out, it would be appreciated.
Submissions can be mailed to:
River’s Edge Gallery
3024 Biddle Ave.
Wyandotte, MI. 48192
Attention: Jeremy E. Hansen, Gallery Director
All submissions should include the following information:
a. An Image List: Please include all of the following information for each piece: title, dimensions, medium, date. This can be submitted either on the CD as a Word document, or as a hard copy or part of the email.
b. Contact Information: Please include your full name, address, telephone number, fax, email address and website (whatever is applicable). If you would like your slides, CD, or other submission materials returned to you must include a stamped, self addressed envelope large enough to contain the artist’s portfolio and any other collateral material submitted with proper postage.
- Artist Statement that speaks of your aesthetic philosophy, influences, technique etc.
d. Artist Biography that includes; education, exhibitions, major collections, awards, teaching experience, publications etc.
(The gallery recognizes that emerging artists may not have an extensive biography.)
Please do not bring unsolicited examples of artwork to the gallery. Unfortunately we will not be in a position to look at the work in these circumstances.
Submissions received at the gallery by artists looking for representation are usually reviewed within 6 weeks of receipt and held in file for 1 year.
Please note the following:
- All submissions are subject to review by gallery director.
- Owing to large volumes of submissions received, we will only be able to respond to those proposals which would be appropriate for our gallery.
- We will endeavor to respond in a timely manner to all submissions. We appreciate your patience.
- Due to large amount of submissions, we are unable to provide specific feedback, i.e. suggestions, critiques, etc.
- All jpeg images of work MUST be labeled clearly and MUST match titles of works. Failure to label images clearly may negatively impact your submission.